Utility Services

4 Easy Payment Options

WATER & SEWER SERVICES - The City of Morrison provides water and sewer services to its residents. Residential, commercial and industrial accounts are billed on a monthly basis.

REFUSE COLLECTION - The City of Morrison provides refuse collection through a contractual service. Residents are billed monthly for curbside refuse collection. Commercial and industrial businesses need to contract for their own refuse collection.

UTILITY BILLING - Bills are calculated monthly for usage from the 15th of the month to the 15th of the following month. Bills are mailed out so the customer may receive them on or around the 1st of each month. Bills are due on the 15th of the month in which it was received. An additional 10% is added to the current charges if payment is not received on or before the 15th of the month. Failure to pay the bill before the time of the next mailing will result in the mailing of a disconnect notice to the user. Failure to post a payment within 20 days from the date of the disconnect notice, will result in service termination. A fee will be assessed to any account receiving a disconnect notice. The fee will appear on the bill following the month in which the notice was dated.

Water and Sewer Rates

Service Type

Curbside residential refuse collection

$15.11 per month

Service Type

Base rate and usage per 1,000 gallons

$19.70 minimum and $6.80 per 1,000 gallons used per month*

Service Type

Base rate and usage per 1,000 gallons

$14.00 minimum and $8.45 per 1,000 gallon used per month*
Plus a $20.00 flat fee for the Waste Water Treatment Plant.

* The first 1,000 gallons used is included in the minimum.

25 Ways to Save Water

How Do I Sign Up for Water Service?

Applications for Metered Water Service can be downloaded or you can obtain an application at City Hall. A deposit of $100.00 is required of all tenants and for new residents and is due within one week of the requested date of service.

I Am Going on Vacation. How Can I Put My Utility Bill on Hold?

Utility Bill Vacation status can be established in one of three ways. Residents may either pre-pay an estimate of their bill, sign up for Auto Debit (if established 1 month prior to leaving), or pay as they go. The Vacation Billing form must be completed and turned into City Hall before your departure in order for the City to establish vacation status. Refuse charges are removed for those months the resident is away (prior notification by completion of this form is necessary). Forms are available at City Hall or you may download them.

Electricity Aggregation Program

The City of Morrison residents and small businesses are covered by an Electrical Aggregation Program, which may save customers money on their electrical usage charges.

New residents and small business owners are not automatically enrolled in this program. Customers need to contact Rock River Energy to learn more about this program, to compare rates, and for assistance in applying:

>> Rock River Energy

Phone: (815) 732-4603

If you decide to enroll in the program, ComEd will continue to deliver your electricity and will be responsible for maintaining the system that delivers power into your home. As your energy delivery company, ComEd will continue to respond around-the-clock to outages, service calls, and emergencies regardless of your electric supplier. You will continue to receive one monthly bill from ComEd. The bill will include the charges for electricity supplied, as well as the delivery service charges from ComEd.

>> ComEd (Delivery)

Phone: (800) 334-7661

(Contact ComEd for power outages, service, etc.)

To learn how to contact ComEd for other items, click here: How to Contact ComEd