(815) 772-7657

Forms & Applications

There are many licenses and permits issued by various City, County, and State departments. This section contains a listing of some common permits issued for businesses by the City of Morrison. Please contact City Hall at (815) 772-7657 prior to any business endeavors. See City of Morrison Code of Ordinances for specific information.

Home Occupation Permit Application

A Home Occupation Permit provides a mechanism for certain home-based businesses to operate within residential zoning districts. A Home Occupation Permit is intended for the operation of a non-retail business offering personal or professional services… medical and dental services are not eligible for a Home Occupation Permit.

Home Occupation Permit Application
Sign Permit Application

No sign shall be constructed, erected, originally painted, converted, altered, rebuilt, enlarged, remodeled, relocated, or expanded until a permit for such sign has been obtained in accordance with the standards and procedures set forth in this chapter. No sign shall be installed before a permit is issued. A sign permit is not required for minimal alterations to an existing sign or regular maintenance.

Sign Permit Application
Variance Application – Sign

Whenever the standards of the Morrison Zoning Ordinance place undue hardship on a specific signage development proposal, the applicant may apply to the Planning and Zoning Commission for a Variance. The Planning and Zoning Commission shall review the applicant’s request for a Sign Variance and shall submit its recommendation to the City Council.

Sign Permit Variance Application
A Certificate of Appropriateness (COA)

A Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) issued by the Historic Preservation Commission shall be required before any building permit, moving permit, or demolition permit is issued for a designated landmark or any building, structure, site or landscape or part thereof in an historic district; or if a building, moving or demolition permit is not required, before any building, structure or site designated as a landmark or within an historic district will be altered, extended, repaired or excavated in such a manner as to produce a major change in the exterior appearance of such building, structure or site.

Certificate of Appropriateness
Alcoholic Beverages

Applications for liquor licenses shall be made to the local liquor control commissioner, the mayor of Morrison. Each applicant for a license shall present with the application a bond executed by the applicant and a duly licensed surety company, licensed under the laws of the state, in the sum provided in the city bond schedule, conditioned to comply with all ordinances and laws relative to the sale of alcoholic liquor. All fees shall be paid to the city clerk at the time application is made. In the event the application is denied, the fee shall be returned to the applicant. If the license is granted, then the fee shall be deposited with the city treasurer in such fund as shall have been designated by the council. (See Morrison Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4).

Manager Liquor License Application

There is a tax upon all persons, firms or corporations engaged in the business of renting, leasing or letting rooms in a hotel which is located within the corporate limits of the City of Morrison, Illinois, at a rate of five per cent (5%) of the gross rental receipts from such renting, leasing or letting for any purpose for each twenty four (24) hour period or portion thereof., excluding permanent residents.  See the applicable Morrison Municipal Code: HotelMotel Tax.

Hotel/Motel Tax Return Form

Website designed by Media by Marta