Parks & Recreation Director
City of Morrison
200 W. Main Street Morrison, IL 61270
Phone: (815) 535-1105
Sports Complex: (815) 772-6139
Parks and Recreational Activities
Various Youth Programs:
• Baseball/Softball (http://morrisonyouthball.com/)
• Football (http://morrisonjrtackle.com/) (http://www.niytf.net/) (Flag Football Rules)
Adult Programs: team registration only
• Co-ed softball
• Men’s softball
• League softball
• Fall co-ed softball
• Fall co-ed kickball
• Or contact the City of Morrison with additional questions.
Lap Swimming: Morrison High School Pool
• 5am to 7am: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Parks and Recreational Facilities:
• Morrison Sports Complex – one of the premier multi-field facilities in Northwest Illinois. Beautifully maintained fields and professional organization. Located on the east edge of town at Route 30 and Bishop Road. The 35 acre park features four fast-pitch softball/little league diamonds, one baseball diamond, and a junior tackle and football field. Also features picnic shelters and walking path. Book your next tournament here!
• Waterworks Park – this park is 12.4 acres and offers a baseball diamond, a playground, a dog park, lots of open green space, and a picnic area. Waterworks Park is located on the south side of Morrison on West Winfield Street.
• Kelly Park – this 3.4 acre park features a professionally designed 9-hole Frisbee Golf Course, a walking path, a playground, and picnic shelter. It is located next to Grove Hill Cemetery, just off of East High Street. Tennis courts, a playground, a walking path, and a picnic area can also be found at Kelly Park.
• Kiwanis Park – located at North Genesee and Orange Street, this park has playground equipment, a picnic area, and a Rolle Bolle Court. It is also the home of the annual Easter Egg Hunt.
• French Creek Park – provides a beautiful walking path and plenty of open space to run and play. It also boasts soccer fields, a playground, a picnic area and the Morrison Community Garden. It is the ideal place for flying a kite, flinging a Frisbee, or stretching out in the grass and watching the sky.
• Robert A. Millikan Park – Looking for a great place to have lunch outdoors in Morrison’s historic downtown district? Named for Morrison’s own Robert A. Millikan, winner of the 1923 Nobel Prize in Physics, this park is a quaint spot to sit and watch downtown’s bustling activity.
• Veteran’s Park and Memorial – a tranquil spot to consider the sacrifices made by Morrison area veterans. Located on East High Street by Grove Hill Cemetery.
• Morrison Rockwood Recreation Trail – A 2014 ILLINOIS GOVERNOR’S CUP FINALIST! This is a scenic bicycle and walking trail, connecting the City of Morrison to the entrance of Rockwood State Park.
Area 18 Hole Public Golf Course:
• Cross Creek Golf Course, located west of Morrison on Henry Road
• Morrison Rockwood State Park and Lake Carlton. This park is located just 3 miles northwest of Morrison.
• The Mississippi River. One of the World’s Great Rivers is located just 15 miles to the west of Morrison.
The City of Morrison Uses quickscores.com