Election of officers occurs annually. With few exceptions, meetings are held on the first & third Wednesdays of the month at 7:00 P.M.
The Morrison Fire Department was founded in 1876 and was originally called The Jackson Hose Company. They started with 10 volunteers and horse drawn equipment. Today, there are 30 volunteers and a station full of state-of-the-art equipment.
The Morrison Fire Department serves and protects the city limits of Morrison and a rural area of about 160 square miles. The Fire Department is one of the most modern equipped volunteer departments of its size, with a fleet of nine trucks, including 3 engines, 3 tankers, 2 rural fire fighting trucks, and a rescue boat. Morrison’s Fire Department is different than most. They are not a taxing district with a board of directors or trustees. Morrison Fire Department is a not-for-profit corporation. The Department contracts with the City of Morrison to provide fire and rescue services within the city limits, but also collects operational expenses by directly billing residents in the rural service area. Rural bills are mailed out yearly around June 1st, and the payments can be mailed to the Fire Department or dropped in the mail slot at the Department’s entry door located at 206 W. Main Street in Morrison.